There is no shortage of amazing recipes that include filberts and we definitely have some up our sleeves. At Hazelnut Hill, we have a passion for both filberts and chocolate, here are three decadent cookie recipes that are to die for. We even included a gluten-free recipe!
Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 1 cup hazelnuts – blanched and chopped
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter – room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread hazelnuts on baking sheet and bake for about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder and set aside.
3. Use a mixer to combine butter, granulated sugar and light brown sugar together until smooth. Add in 2 eggs and vanilla extract and mix until completely combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and toasted hazelnuts. Use a tablespoon to scoop dough and place on parchment-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake cookies or about 8-10 minutes or until they are set but still soft in the center. Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes. Remove and let cool. Enjoy!
Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
We’re taking your grandma’s best oatmeal cookies recipe, adding hazelnuts and topping them with a chocolatey hazelnut ganache for a delicious twist. Recipe courtesy of A Treats Affair.
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp hazelnut coffee creamer
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ¾ cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup hazelnut coffee creamer
- Chopped hazelnuts
1. Mix the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and hazelnut coffee creamer and mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder, oats, hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
2. With a medium cookie dough scoop, place spoonfuls of cookie dough on baking sheet and let chill in fridge for about 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake cookies 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies from oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
4. Place chocolate chips and remaining hazelnut creamer in microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir to combine.
5. Frost the cookies with the ganache and sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Chewy Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
For our gluten sensitive chocolate and filbert fans, there are cookies for you too! Here’s a gluten-free chocolate hazelnut cookie recipe courtesy of Babble.
- 3 cups hazelnuts
- 4 cups powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread hazelnuts on baking sheet and toast for 10-15 minutes or until skin begins to peel off. Pour hazelnuts onto clean towel and rub until their skins come off
2. Stir together the sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl. Add toasted hazelnuts, egg whites and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
3. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place 2 tbsp. of batter at a time making sure to keep them well spaced. (recommended not to bake more than 6 cookies per sheet)
4. Bake 13-15 minutes. Cool cookies on rack and, of course, enjoy!